About Wayne Cusack
Wayne Cusack has practiced law in Ontario since 1985. His experience includes cases involving Administrative Law, Civil Litigation, Corporate & Commercial Law, Criminal Cases, Family Law, Mediation & Arbitration, Real Estate and Wills & Estates. He has appeared before all levels of Ontario courts and various tribunals and boards, and is familiar with all aspects of the civil litigation and family law processes. Cases he has dealt with include:
- civil litigation: construction liens, debt collection, employment law, personal injury, breach of contract, various torts, landlord/tenant disputes, real estate issues, disputes between business entities, corporate oppression cases, disputes between business owners and estate litigation
- family law: separations and divorces, custody disputes, support claims, division of assets, paternity issues, child protection allegations, adoptions, guardianships and all other types of family law matters
Mr. Cusack has owned, operated, managed and consulted with law firms and other businesses. His first law firm, for which he was the managing partner, grew to 11 lawyers in 3 offices. He has employed and mentored articling students and junior lawyers. All aspects of law firm operations have come under his purview, from the start-up of a new practice to shutting down operations after the sale of a business. Law firms seeking to improve their operations have obtained his input as a consultant.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Cusack has acted as a corporate management consultant offering his assistance to entrepreneurs and innovators. After completing his MBA he became a founding member and director of a not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting entrepreneurs and innovators to manage, grow and develop their businesses. He helped to found the Entrepreneurship And Innovation Club at the University of Ottawa. He has completed seminar presentations on legal issues at both the University of Ottawa and the Ottawa Library.
Mr. Cusack holds the following academic qualifications and training:
- MBA, University of Ottawa
- training in Alternate Dispute Resolution, University of Windsor
- completion of the Bar Admission Course and admitted to practice law in Ontario
- LLB, University of Ottawa
- BA in Political Science and Business Administration, Brock University
- training in accounting, Algonquin College
- the Canadian Securities Course